Local treatment of vervicovaginal inflammations or infections and tissue damage (e.g.
vaginal and cervical discharge caused by bacteria, trichomonads and fungal infections,
pressure sores in diaphragm users), condyloma acuminatum, etc.
Albothyl vaginal suppositories must not be administered in cases of hypersensitivity to one of its
* Pregnancy and lactation:
Albothyl vaginal suppositories may be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding only where it is
strictly indicated, after due consideration of the risks to the mother and child. There have
not been any studies of the risks associated with use during pregnancy in humans, but
animal studies have not yield any evidence of fetal malformation. It is not known whether
the active substance passes into milk.
* Special warnings and precautions for use:
– Care must be taken not to swallow the suppositories. If Albothyl vaginal suppositories have been
swallowed inadvertently, you should immediately drink plenty of water and consult your doctor.
– Albothyl vaginal suppositories cause a sharp stimulation of the healing processes. There is no
cause for concern if necrotic tissue from the diseased area is sloughed off even in large
– During the treatment period the use of soaps which cause irritation as well as sexual
intercourse must be avoided.
– Like all vaginal therapeutics, Albothyl vaginal suppositories should not be used during menstruation.
– Protect your eyes from Albothyl vaginal suppositories. In case of contact with Albothyl vaginal suppositories,
the eyes must be thoroughly rinsed out at once with water, it may be necessary to consult
– If textiles or leather come in contact with Albothyl vaginal suppositories, they should be immediately
rinsed with water before drying.
* Effects on the ability to drive and to use machines:
There are no known effects on the ability to drive or to operate machinery.
* Posology and method of administration:
The following information applies unless Albothyl vaginal suppositories have been otherwise prescribed
by your doctor.
Please follow these instructions, as otherwise Albothyl vaginal gel may not have the desired effect.
Depending on the severity of the condition, one vaginal suppository is administered every other day.
* Instructions for use / handling:
The vaginal suppository should be introduced in the evening.
To facilitate its introduction, the suppository may be moistened with water and then, preferably in the
supine position, introduced deep into the vagina.
The additional use of a sanitary towel avoids soiling of clothing and bedding.
The duration of use depends on the nature and severity of the condition and is determined
by the doctor.
* Incorrect use and overdosage:
Incidences of overdosage are not known.
If you forgot an application, do not use twice as many the next time, but continue the treatment
at the specified intervals. Inform your doctor accordingly.
If you should wish to interrupt your treatment please notify your doctor.