* Therapeutic indications:
# Treatment of depressive states of varying aetiology and symptomatology, e.g.
– endogenous, reactive, neurotic, organic, masked, and involutional forms of depression,
– depression associated with schizophrenia and personality disorders,
– depressive syndromes due to presenility or senility, to chronic painful conditions, and
& chronic somatic diseases.
– depressive mood disorders of a reactive, neurotic, or psychopathic nature.
# Obsessive-compulsive syndromes.
# Phobias and panic attacks.
# Cataplexy accompanying narcolepsy.
# Chronic painful conditions.
# Nocturnal enuresis (only in patients over the age of 5 and if organic causes have been excluded).
* Posology and method of administration:
– The dosage and method of administration should be adapted to the individual patient’s condition.
& The aim is to achieve an optimum effect while keeping the doses as low as possible and increasing them
& cautiously, particularly in elderly patients or adolescents, who generally show a stronger response to
& Anafronil than patients of intermediate age groups.
– Depression, obsessive-compulsive syndromes, and phobias: Start treatment with 1 coated tablet of 25 mg
& 2-3 times daily or 1 sustained-release tablet of 75 mg once daily (preferably in the evening). Raise the daily
& dosage stepwise, e.g. 25 mg every few days, (depending on how the medication is tolerated) to 4-6 tablets
& of 25 mg or 2 sustained-release tablets of 75 mg during the first week of treatment. In severe cases this dosage
& can be increased up to a maximum of 250 mg daily. Once there is a distinct improvement, adjust the daily dosage
& to a maintenance level of about 2-4 coated tablets of 25 mg or 1 modified-release tablet of 75 mg.
– Panic attacks, agoraphobia: Start with 1 tablet of 10 mg daily, possibly in combination with a benzodiazepine.
& Depending on how the medication, while gradually withdrawing the benzodiazepine. The daily dosage required
& varies greatly from patient to patient and lies between 25 and 100 mg. If necessary it can be increased to 150mg.
& It is advisable for treatment not to be dicontinued for at least 6 months and for the maintenance dose to be
& reduced slowly during this time.
– Cataplexy accompanying narcolepsy: Daily dose of 25-75 mg.
– Chronic painful conditions: The dosage must be individualised (10-150 mg daily), while taking account of
& concomitant analgesic medication (and of the possibility of reducing use of analgesics).
– Elderly patients: Start treatment with 1 tablet of 10 mg daily. Gradually raise the dosage to an optimum level of
& 30-50 mg daily, which should be reached after about 10 days and then maintained until the end of treatment.
* Therapeutic indications:
لا توجد مراجعات بعد.