& Infections caused by ceftriaxone-sensitive microorganisms, for example:
– Abdominal infections (peritonitis, infections of the bile ducts and gastrointestinal tract).
– Infections of the bones, joints, soft tissues and wounds.
– Perioperative infection prophylaxis.
– Infections in patients with reduced immunodefence.
– Infections of the kidneys and lower urinary tract.
– Infections of the respiratory passages, particularly, pneumonia, and the ear, nose and throat.
– Infections of the genital organs, including gonorrhoea.
– Lyme disease from the second stage.
* Mode of application:
– Slow (2-5 minutes) I.V. injection.
& The solutions are prepared in accordance with the following:
. Ceftriaxone Sandoz 250 mg: —- i.v. injection (WFI): 2 mL solvent i.m. injection (1% Lidocaine).
. Ceftriaxone Sandoz 500 mg: 5 mL i.v. injection (WFI): 2 mL solvent i.m. injection (1% Lidocaine).
. Ceftriaxone Sandoz 1 g: 10 mL i.v. injection (WFI): 3.5 mL solvent i.m. injection (1% Lidocaine)
– Intravenous doses of 50 mg or more per Kg body weight should be administered as slow infusion over a period of at
& least 30 minutes. Freshly prepared solutions remain physically and chemically stable at room temperature for 6
& hours (or 24 hours at 5 oC). As a general rule, the solutions should be used directly after preparation.
@ Adults and children over 12 years:
& Normally 1-2 g of ceftriaxone per day (every 24 hours) for severe infections of those caused by poorly susceptible
& bacteria the daily dose can be increased to 4 g.
@ Neonates, infants and children up to 12 years:
– Neonates (up to two weeks)
& Daily dose of 20 mg/kg body weight to a maximum of 50 mg/kg (depending on the severity of the infection).
– Infants and children (3 weeks to 12 years)
& Daily dose of 20 mg/kg body weight to a maximum of 80 mg/kg (depending on the severity of the infection). For
& children weighing 50 kg or more the normal adult dose must be used.
@ Elderly patients:
& The recommended dosages for adults do not need to be adjusted for geriatric patients.
@ Duration of treatment:
& The length of treatment depends on the course of the disease. As with all antibiotic therapy, ceftriaxone should be
& taken for at least 48 to 72 hours after the fever has subsided or the bacteria have been shown to have been eliminated.
لا توجد مراجعات بعد.