** Dicetel (pinaverium bromide) 100 mg 20 film-coated tablets.
** For oral use.
Each film-coated tablet contains:
100 mg pinaverium bromide.
** Therapeutic Indications:
DICETEL® (pinaverium bromide) is indicated:
– Symptomatic treatment of pain, transit disorders and intestinal discomfort related to functional intestinal disturbances [irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)];
– Symptomatic treatment of pain related to functional disturbancesof the biliary tract.
– Preparation for a barium enema.
** Pharmacotherapeutic group:
Other drugs for functional bowel disorders, ATC CODE:A03 AX04 (A: gastrointestinal tract and metabolism)
** Mechanism of Action:
Pinaverium bromide is an antispasmodic selectively acting on the gastro-intestinal tract. It is calcium antagonist which inhibits the influx of calcium into intestinal smooth muscle cells. In animals, pinaverium bromide directly or indirectly reduces the effects of the stimulation of the sensitive afferences. It is free from anticholinergic effects. It is also devoid of effects on the cardiovascular system.
** Dosage and administration:
– The recommended dosage is 1 tablet twice a day, one in the morning and one in evening.
Exceptionally, this dosage may be increased to 1 tablet three times a day.
– Method of administration:
Swallow the tablets without chewing or sucking them. Take the tablets with a glass of water in the middle of a meal.
The tablets must not be swallowed neither when the patient is lying down, nor just before going to bed.
** Read the package leaflet before use.
** Do not store above 30 degrees C.
Store in the original package and keep the blister in the outer carton in order to protect from light.
Keep this medicine out of the reach and sight of children.
** Manufactured by: Abbott Healthcare SAS, 01400 Chatillon-sur-Chalaronne – FRANCE