– Neuropathic pain including painful diabetic neuropathy, central pain, back pain, post herpetic neuralgia, trigeminal neuralgia, etc.
– Headache: as a prophylaxis of migraine.
– Multiple sclerosis (to control pain, spasm and spasticity).
– As monotherapy for patients with newly diagnosed seizures or as adjunctive therapy for patients unresponsive or intolerant to standard antiepileptic drugs in the treatment of partial seizures, with or without secondary generalization.
– As adjunctive therapy in the treatment of partial seizures in pediatric patients of 250 mg / 5 mL age (3-12 years).
– The initial adult dose of Gabapentin (Gaptin) is one capsule either 100, 300 or 400 mg on the first day of treatment, increased daily by one capsule until the effective control is achieved, which may reach up to 2.4 gm daily in divided doses (2 to 3 times daily) or sometimes to 3600 mg/day as the maximum dose.
– Patients < 12 years of age (3-12 years): the starting dose is 10-15 mg / kg / day with increase of 10 mg every day in divided doses (2 to 3 times daily). The effective dose in pediatric patients ages 5 years and older is 25-35 mg / kg / day and given in divided doses. The effective dose in pediatric patients ages 3 and 4 years is 40 mg / kg / day in divided doses – doses up to 50 mg / kg / day have been tolerated. – Dose adjustment is necessary, if renal function is impaired. * Store at controlled room temperature 15 – 30 degrees C.