– It is indicated for the supplementation of insufficient secretion of progesterone in women participating in fertilisation programmes.
– Recurrent miscarriage: it is advisable to begin administration of Prontogest from the very beginning of gestation with the dosage
of 200 – 400mg per day.
– Surgery during pregnancy: 200 – 400 mg a day or as otherwise medically prescribed.
* Contra-indications: undiagnosed vaginal bleeding & a history of thrombo-embolic disorders.
* Dosage: 200mg inserted into the vagina or rectal daily but can be increased to 400mg twice daily.
– It should be used with caution in patients with hepatic dysfunction as it is metabolised in the liver.
– It should be used with caution in patients with cardiovascular or renal impairment, diabetes mellitus, asthma, epilepsy, migraine,
or other conditions which may be aggravated by fluid retention.
– It should be used with care in persons with a history of mental depression.
* Store at room temperature below 25 degrees C.