– Symptoms of depression, including depression accompanied by symptoms of anxiety, in patients with or without a history of mania.
– Preventing relapse of the initial episodes of depression or recurrent episodes.
– Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
– Panic disorder with or without agoraphobia.
– Post-traumatic Stress Disorder.
* Dosage & Administration:
50 mg / day either in the morning or in the evening and could be increased gradually to 200mg/day within one week. Daily dose of 150 mg or more should not be given for longer than 8 weeks, after that the maintenance dose could be reduced to 50 mg / day. Patients with renal impairment, dosage adjustment is not necessary, while patients with hepatic impairment, a lower or less frequent dosage interval should be used.
– Hypersensitivity to Sertraline.
– Concomitant use in patients taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs).
– Care and prudent medical judgement should be exercised. When switching from other anti-depressants or antiobsessional drugs, particularly from long-acting agents, e.g. Fluoxetine.